Past Life Regression is a healing tool that allows the client to begin healing on several levels: emotional, physical, and spiritual. Past Life Regression grew out of the psychotherapy therapy tool of regression therapy. Perhaps the most well known proponent of Past Life Regression is Brian Weiss, MD, an American psychiatrist. Depression, anxiety, and fears are often relieved. Physical pain, of unknown origin, may significantly subside or vanish. Also, through the knowledge of previous lifetimes, clients may gain a much clearer understanding of the roles that various people, experiences and interests play in their present lives.
After putting her clients into a hypnotic trance in the safe and soothing environment of her office, Ann guides them through a past life. During the process, clients often become aware of the effects that their past lives have on their present one. As a result, client’s present lives become healed and transformed.
Five Benefits of Regression Therapy
1. Regression Therapy is short-term therapy and it tends to be more concentrated than other kinds of therapy. Several issues can be worked on simultaneously in one session.
2. Regression Therapy is experiential rather than intellectual.
3. Regression Therapy releases crippling emotional, mental and physical blockages.
4. Regression Therapy helps you change unwanted behavior without the use of drugs. We help alter behavior to change the brain chemistry, while drugs alter brain chemistry to change behavior.
5. Regression Therapy is holistic — releasing trauma from the mind, body, emotions and spirit simultaneously.
Types of Issues That Have Been Resolved by Regression Therapy
I’ve helped clients resolve many concerns including:
- Fears and phobias
- Chronic depression
- Anxiety attacks
- Childhood trauma and abuse
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Issues of unworthiness and guilt
- Insecurity and poor self image
- Obsessive thoughts
- Blocked feelings
- Alcoholism and other addictions
- Fear of intimacy
- Debilitating anger and grief
- Fertility and pregnancy
- Unlocking creative talents
A specific issue or life-long pattern can often be worked through in just a few sessions. It is essential, however, that each layer of the trauma — physical, mental, emotional and spiritual — be transformed and integrated for complete healing to occur. I certainly do not claim past-life regression as a miracle cure, but I have found that pains, aches, illnesses, emotional fears, phobias and traumas may have a past-life connection. And I do know that this approach can heal complex issues not resolved by conventional therapy or medical treatment. Regression Therapy can often help when nothing else seems to work.
Do Past Lives Actually Exist?
At the end of a session, my client sometimes asks me if that story that emerged during the session actually happened to the client in a past life. Here’s how I respond:
1. Perhaps these are real past-life memories of lives you’ve lived.
2. Or maybe they are waking dreams (fabricated by your Subconscious Mind) that need to be expressed to help you heal the issues you’re facing.
3. Or maybe you connected with someone else’s story from the Collective Unconscious that Carl Jung talked about — a story that mirrors where you are currently stuck in your present life. And you told that person’s story to get unstuck.
4. Or maybe you made up the whole thing.
In the final analysis, it doesn’t really matter whether past lives are real or not. What’s important is that Regression Therapy can be extremely effective — whatever your belief system.
How Effective is Past-Life Therapy?
Dr. Brian Weiss, the well-known psychiatrist whose book, Many Lives, Many Masters, is one of the most instructive accounts of Past-Life Therapy, writes, “Past-Life Therapy is a well established psycho-therapeutic technique that works.” “My findings indicate,” he adds, “that the therapeutic arena needs to be enlarged, that we cannot stop the psychic archeology at childhood or even infancy, but that past-life patterns and memories also must be excavated for complete healing to occur.” In Holland, a recent study took two groups of clients with similar symptoms and randomly selected half of the group for past-life therapy and the others for conventional therapy. Measured by standard tests, those undergoing past-life therapy recovered at about twice the speed as the group involved in conventional therapy.
How Many Sessions are Necessary?
I offer short-term therapy. By working in a trance state, we can often get to your core issues and begin to find a solution in just one two-hour session. Many problems can be completely resolved in one or two sessions. My goal is to help you — as quickly as possible — let go of the blockages that are keeping you from getting what you want.